Preparing for iOS14
To assist publishers to navigate the changes with Apple’s release of iOS 14, DT FairBid offers you a set of tools you to make sure you are prepared to keep monetizing your app on the day after the release of iOS14.
The DT Tools Available to Help You
DT FairBid aims to help publishers better monetize their traffic and have efficient operations. For this purpose, we created a suite of tools to assist you and to prevent mistakes with SDKAdnetwork IDs. DT has developed and created the following tools that you can use:
- The Supported Networks Table allows you to select each network that you have integrated and produces the snippet for you to insert into the Info.plist.
- The SKAdNetwork ID Auto Updater enables you to manage SKAdNetwork IDs directly from XCode or Unity Editor ensuring the list you have is always automatically updated.
- Our Test Suite provides real-time feedback on the completeness and correctness of your set-up.
- Set different waterfalls for your Placements depending on the availability of IDFA in the received ad request. Adjust Instances' advanced settings to target it only to users with or without IDFA.
Based on the set of tools above, we have created a checklist of recommended actions to take in order to prepare for the upcoming changes. Follow these steps to make sure you are prepared for the changes coming with iOS14:
Step 1: Update DT FairBid’s SDK to v3.7.0 or above
This version includes support for Xcode 12 and SKAdNetwork, Apple’s framework for on-device mobile install attribution. In addition, it includes updated adapters for the SDKS of all supported networks.
Step 2: Update Supported Mediated Network SDKs and Adapters
Update supported mediated network SDKs and adapters to their iOS-14-compatible versions.
Step 3: Update your Apps to Run on Xcode 12 with AppTrackingTransparency
The AppTrackingTransparency framework presents an app-tracking authorization request to the user and provides the tracking authorization status. Once you have implemented the app-tracking authorisation request, DT FairBid supports iOS's new AppTrackingTransparency framework through which you can gain access to the IDFA.
Step 4: Integrate the Comprehensive List of SKAdNetwork IDs into your Info.plist
DT can help you to conveniently generate an exhaustive list of your required SKAdNetwork IDs to implement, based on the demand partners you work with. Per Apple’s SKAdNetwork documentation, you must include these IDs in each of your app’s Info.plist files.
What is SKAdNetwork?
The Ad Network API helps advertisers measure the success of ad campaigns while maintaining user privacy. The API involves three participants:
- The Demand Partner (AKA ad network)
- The Source App
- The Advertised App
To allow attribution using SKAdNetwork, demand partners must register with Apple and developers must configure their apps to work with ad networks.
DT can help you to conveniently generate an exhaustive list of your required SKAdNetwork IDs to implement, based on the demand partners you work with. Per Apple's SKAdNetwork documentation, you must include these IDs in each of your app's info.plist files.