16 May 2022
- Crash on server error
03 May 2022
- New API to disable tracking the user's AAID for compliance with Google's Designed for Families program
01 June 2021
- Prevent potential classpath conflicts in a proguard environment
04 May 2021
- This update relates to a change in the repository location of the Fyber Offer Wall SDK since Bintray is scheduled to shut down its services. We recommend that you install this update to avoid any future errors that might occur, as a result of the change.
- Please note that our Maven dependency has changed:
14 October 2020
- Removed GDPR Consent Data API
19 March 2020
- Support for IAB US Privacy String
16 December 2019
- Streamlined API: Offer Wall only
- Enhanced user experience within Offer Wall
- Potential issue switching between background and foreground
- Potential crash during SDK start on Android 8 and above
- A crash on amazon devices
- A crash on SDK start for Lollipop devices
- GDPR Consent Data Support
- GDPR Consent API Support
- Issue with fill caching mechanism not being invalidated when using custom publisher parameters.
- Issue with Interstitials and Banners Fill Rate optimization.
- Added compatibility for Android Gradle plugin v3.0.0.
- Potential crash in tracking Fyber's installs attribution.
- Potential crash when starting a video ad.
- Potential crash when scheduling the next cache refresh.
- Completion notification not shown after watching a rewarded video until the end.
- Occasional black screen on some video ads.
- Optimisations for rewarded video ad request.
- Frozen microbrowser when opened a second time.
- Keyboard not being hidden automatically when exiting the Microbrowser.
- Potential crash in Rewarded Video.
Version 8.18.0 (Beta)
- Potential crash due to a concurrency scenario.
- Missing User Segments data sent on SDK start.
- Crash on start of Android below version 4.4
- Potential crash in Rewarded Video mediation
- Multiple networks fill caching support
- Drop support for API level below 14
- Potential crash due to faulty VPAID campaigns
- Fill caching mechanism improvements.
- Improvements for optimizing Interstitials and Banners Fill Rate.
- Improvements to Rewarded Video caching.
- Potential crash before showing the completion toast message.
- Potential crash after consecutive Rewarded Video requests.
- Potential crash when user interacts with video right before it ends.
- Automatic virtual currency request after a Rewarded Video always uses dashboard's Currency Id.
- Flicker when transitioning from the video to the endcard.
- Configurable timeouts for Interstitial and Banner requests.
- Possible crash with pre-caching.
- Empty banner size list
- Test your mediation setup with the Fyber's Test Suite.
- Timeout handling during ad request.
- Simultaneous requests performance for different products.
- Missing prompt for lost connection in some OS versions.
- Videos do not continue playing from buffer when the connection is lost on lollipop.
- Banner sizes wrongly applied.
- Banner requests now wait until SDK and mediation are initialised.
- New, improved UX on connection lost for Rewarded Video.
- Proguard configs now packaged alongside with the SDK.
- Fixed proguard warnings during build when annotations library is not used.
- Issue with Consecutive Rewarded Video requests.
- Alert prompt bug on Rewarded Video.
- Improved video playback for VPAID
- New, longer timeout for Banner Requests
- Fixes Precaching crashes on Samsung devices
- Preloading static and video interstitials Endcards for better user experience
- Sample app issues when building from Android Studio 2.2
- AGPBI errors when building from Android Studio 2.2
- Added Video Interstitial support
- Added a callback to alert you when precaching videos is done
- Added a method to inform if videos are currently cached on the device
- Buffering issues in devices running Marshmallow+
- Video player issue in some low end devices
- Issue preventing a service to be closed
- Fixes issue affecting DAU calculation
- Added Creative Controls support
- Fixes possible crash when passing null message to Fyber Logger
- Enable changing user ID after starting the SDK
- Dropped support for Gingerbread (You'll still be able to compile your app, but no ads will be delivered)
- Improved user experience on browser redirection
- Custom SSL handling for Gingerbread
- Potential warnings when building with Android Studio 2.+
- Potential crash when handling expired cookies
- Possible crash when an app is updated from an SDK v7.x
- Added Banner ads functionality
- Possible crash when showing the user completion message in Rewarded Videos
- Possible issue when dismissing the Rewarded Video before it is loaded
- Issue with the automatic currency request after a Rewarded Video
- Possible issue with Invalid Signature response on VCS
- Supporting Amazon devices
- New API on Fyber.Settings exposing user
- Application is not blocked when video is suspended as soon as it starts
- Removing Activity leak after sdk start on specific devices
- Addressing potential crashes when precaching and showing videos
- Issue retrieving Google Advertising ID in specific conditions
- Allow publishers to enable HTTP for rewarded video
- Enabling Gingerbread to play HTTPS videos
- Bug fixes and performance improvements
- Issue causing video files not being deleted from the device
- Excessive pre-caching bandwidth consumption
- Rebranding (SponsorPaySDK -> Fyber SDK / SP -> FYB)
- Renamed products (BrandEngage -> Rewarded Videos…)
- Introduced fluent interface API through method chaining
- Introduces Requesters
- New API for Interstitials
- New API for Rewarded Videos
- New API for Offer Wall
- New API for Starting the SDK
- New API for Virtual Currency
- Introduces Reporters
- New API to report Installs
- New API to report Rewarded Actions
- Feature Removal
- Use of multiple AppIds
- Use of credentials token
- Overriding of the currency name through SDK’s API
- adapters.info and adapter.config for mediation
*Sample app shipped with the SDK
- Control over precaching functionality (delay the start) (only for Fyber Videos)
- Annotation processing for the mediation adapters
- Requesting videos from a background thread
- Possible leak broadcast receiver