What is MRAID 2.0?
Supported MRAID Versions
DT SDK supports MRAID 2.0 according to the IAB MRAID 2.0 specification
Identifying if MRAID 2.0 is Supported Based on the Bid Request
“banner.api” : 5 when MRAID 2.0 is supported
How a demand partner respond with an MRAID 2.0 ad in the bid response
The bid response should include “bid.ext.crtype” : “MRAID 2.0”
MRAID 2.0 Media File Limits
- For interstitial MRAID 2.0 ads, it is best to only return an ad markup with an ad size of 320x480 or 480x320
- If the ad size is not 320x480, DT scales up or down to 320x480 and center on the screen. The same applies for 480x320.
How a Click Event is Tracked on MRAID 2.0?
- The click tracking URL is fired (triggers the JS click event) upon mraid.open event
- The creator of the MRAID 2.0 ad markup determines when the mraid.open event is triggered
DT's close button appears on the top right corner immediately, unless the DSP leverages the useCustomClose() method.
Best Practices on useCustomClose()
- DT supports useCustomClose() on all MRAID 2.0 inventory, when initiated by the partner.
- To initiate custom close, partner must useCustomClose() per MRAID 2.0 spec.
- Partners are allowed to delay the close button show for up to 5 seconds with customClose.
Does Digital Turbine Support MRAID Video?
- Not currently, but this is on our product roadmap.