What is a Rewarded Video?
Rewarded Video Ads (Opt-in ads) are fullscreen video ads offering the user a reward in exchange for watching a video. For example, a user may be offered free currency for an in-app game or free minutes for a text/call app, in exchange for watching the video ad. The publisher always determines the reward given to the user.
Supported Rewarded Video Protocols
- DT supports VAST 2.0 and VAST 2.0 wrappers + VAST 3 and 4 wrappers according to the IAB VAST specification
- Rewarded Video follows the same specification as the video protocol or API framework passed in the bid request, aside from the below details
How to Identify Rewarded Video is Supported Based on the Bid Request?
- “video.ext.rewarded” : 1 is passed when Rewarded Video is supported
- DT passes “video.ext.rewarded” : 0 to signal the bid request does not support rewarded video
DT SDK Video Player Elements Specific to Rewarded
- Skip - Rewarded Video is non-skippable and no skip button is presented
- Close Button - The DT SDK handles the close button after 30 seconds (or sooner depending on video duration). Partner should not return their own custom close button or employ useCustomClose() function for rewarded video, as this could cause issues. The DT SDK presents the end card upon video close if a companionad is included in the ad markup of the bid response.
- End Card - The DT SDK presents the end card upon video close if a companionAd is included in the ad markup of the bid response. Rewarded videos have the same end card behavior as non-rewarded videos. For more information, click here.
- Countdown - A countdown timer immediately appears at the top right corner of the video. Partner should not return their own countdown timer, as this might lead to issues.
- Duration - Rewarded Videos must be 30s or less.
- Orientation - DT does not have any orientation restrictions, we abide by app and device settings