The purpose of this article is to guide publishers who want to use the DT FairBid SDK to load and display ads from Liftoff Monetize via DT FairBid mediation. Please, note that to use Liftoff Monetize, you need to install the Vungle SDK here.
This is a six-step process:
- Login into your Liftoff Account
- Add an app in Liftoff Monetize
- Create a placement for your app
- Retrieve the parameters from the Liftoff dashboard
- Insert the Liftoff Monetize parameters into the DT Console
- Add the Vungle SDK to your integration
Liftoff Monetize currently supports the following ad formats:
- Rewarded Videos
- Banner Videos
Refer to Liftoff Monetize for updates on supported ad formats.
Step 1: Login to your Liftoff Account
Step 2: Add an App in Liftoff Monetize
Follow these steps to create a new app in Liftoff Monetize.
- Log in to Liftoff's platform and click on All Applications located on the left menu bar
- Click on
- Enter the settings for your new app
Once you finish entering your details click "Continue".
Step 3: Create a Placement for your App
- Enter the details for the placement in the app:
- When completed, click "Continue"
The Vungle SDK Integration window opens, showing the details entered in the previous window
Step 4: Retrieve the Parameters from the Liftoff Dashboard
To enable Liftoff to work as an Ad Network with DT, you must obtain four parameters from your Liftoff account and later insert them into the DT Console.
Set out below are the details of what parameters are required, how and where to obtain them.
|Liftoff App ID||A unique identifier of your application in Liftoff’s system.|
|Reporting API Key||A unique identifier for your Liftoff account. Along with the Reporting API ID, allowing your DT FairBid Mediation platform to import performance data from your Liftoff account.|
|Placement Reference ID||This is the unique identifier of the ad unit, necessary to differentiate Rewarded Video from Interstitial ads.|
Alternatively, watch and listen to the video below to find out how to obtain the required parameters:
Once you have retrieved this information, you must configure Liftoff’s parameters in your DT Account.
Retrieving the Liftoff App ID
To obtain the Liftoff App ID, follow these steps:
- Click "All Applications" on the left-hand menu
- Select your app from the All Applications drop-down to view the App ID app settings
Retrieving the Reporting API Key
To obtain the Reporting API Key, Go to the “My Account” in the upper-right corner of the screen you will then see the Reporting API Key:
Retrieving the Placement Reference ID
To obtain the Placement Name and Reference ID, go to the Placements tab on the left side menu and choose the application’s placements you would like to configure on the DT dashboard:
Now that you have obtained the required parameters, you can complete the configuration of Liftoff in your DT Account.
Step 5: Insert the Liftoff Monetize Parameters into the DT Console
To enter the parameters obtained from Liftoff Monetize and insert them into the DT Console, follow these steps:
- Sign-in to your DT account
- Select your app from the App Management window
- On the App Management page, click Mediated Networks
- Select Liftoff Monetize from the list
- The Liftoff Monetize Mediation window opens. Enter the Liftoff Monetize app credentials
- Click Save
- To complete the setup, you must associate the network instance that you just created to the relevant placement set up on the DT Console. For a detailed guide click here
Step 6: Adding the Vungle SDK to your Integration
To add the Vungle SDK go to the Supported Networks page and follow the guide while selecting the Configuration for Liftoff Monetize
If you are interested in enabling Liftoff Monetize Bidding, follow these steps:
- Integrate both the DT and Vungle SDKs
- In the Liftoff Monetize dashboard, create apps and placements. Click here for more details
- When creating the placement toggle the “Enabled” button on Monetization
- When you are satisfied with the test results, go live with your apps
You must turn off Liftoff test mode before going live. For more details, click here.