This article aims to guide publishers who want to use the DT FairBid SDK to load and display ads from Chartboost via DT Fairbid Mediation.
This is a six-step process:
- Create or login to your Chartboost Account
- Create an App in Chartboost
- Create a placement for your app
- Retrieve the parameters from the Chartboost dashboard
- Insert the Chartboost parameters into the DT Console
- Add the Chartboost SDK to your integration
Chartboost currently supports the following ad formats:
For banners (starting FairBid SDK 3.45).
Refer to Chartboost for updates on supported ad formats.
Create or login to your Chartboost Account
- Click here to sign up for your Chartboost account.
- Once you have created your account, click here to login.
Create an App in Chartboost
To create an app in the Chartboost platform, follow the steps below:
- Sign in to the Chartboost platform
- Click Apps Management in the Chartboost dashboard
- Click + Add New App
- Enter the details of the app, including the app name and store URL
- Click Save.
Create a Placement for your App
Click here, for details on creating a placement for your app in Chartboost.
Retrieve the Parameters from the Chartboost Dashboard
To enable Chartboost to work as an Ad Network on the DT Fairbid Mediation platform, you must obtain five parameters from your Chartboost account and insert them into the DT Console.
Set out below are the details of what parameters are required how and where to obtain them.
|Allows you to show different ad campaigns at different points in your game and fine-tune your campaigns' behavior from your dashboard.
|The unique ID of your app in the Chartboost system.
|The unique secret signature of your app in the Chartboost system. Chartboost uses it to verify that you're the owner of your app. Make sure not to share it with anyone unauthorized.
|The unique ID of your account user on the Chartboost dashboard.
|The unique secret signature of your account user in the Chartboost Dashboard. Chartboost uses it to verify that you're allowed to access account analytics. Make sure not to share it with anyone unauthorized.
Chartboost Named Locations
Each new app has a default Location assigned to it automatically upon creation (called Default). Additional Locations can be created by calling them from the SDK (as opposed to creating them via the dashboard).
For more information, click here.
adLocation values must cross a small threshold of activity (generally around 10 different ad creatives displayed per day). Otherwise, their stats are aggregated under the Default location. Click here for more information.
This might explain discrepancies in data between the DT and Chartboost reporting systems (especially for new locations).
DT recommends not using the default location but instead assigning a named location to each of the DT placements.
Obtaining the Named Location
To find the Named Locations on the Chartboost platform, click App Settings >> Basic Settings >> Advanced Settings.
The different Named Locations created via SDK calls are highlighted in the screenshot below.
The Named Locations are displayed.
Obtaining the App ID and App Signature
Follow these steps to obtain the App ID and App Signature from the Chartboost platform:
- From the Chartboost dashboard, click on your App
- The App ID and App Signature are displayed in the right pane of the App Settings window:
- Click on the Copy icon for each value.
Obtaining the User ID and User Signature
Follow these steps to obtain the User ID and User Signature from the Chartboost platform:
- From the App dashboard, click Set Up Mediation >> API Explorer
- The User ID and User Signature are displayed in the right pane of the API Explorer window:
- Click on the Copy icon for each value.
Now that you obtained the required parameters, you can complete the configuration of Chartboost in your DT Account.
Insert the Chartboost Parameters into the DT Console
To enter the parameters obtained from Chartboost and insert them into the DT Console, follow these steps.
- Sign-in to your DT account
- Select your app from the App Management window
- On the App Management page, click Mediated Networks
- Select Chartboost from the list
The Chartboost Mediation window opens. Enter the Chartboost app credentials and set the Instance name. Instance name should be distinguishable in case you have multiple Chartboost Instances.
To complete the setup, you must associate the network instance that you just created to the relevant Placement setup on the DT Console. For a detailed guide, click here.
Adding the Chartboost SDK to your Integration
To add the Chartboost SDK, go to the Supported Networks page and follow the guide while selecting the Configuration for Chartboost.
For ProGuard users only, follow the instructions here.
You have now successfully integrated Chartboost into the console.