The purpose of this article is to guide publishers who want to use the DT FairBid SDK to load and display ads from AdColony via DT FairBid Mediation. DT FairBid offers both AdColony waterfall and bidding integrations.
This is a six-step process:
- Create or login to your AdColony Account
- Create an app in AdColony
- Create a placement for your app
- Retrieve the parameters from the AdColony dashboard
- Insert the AdColony parameters into the DT Console
- Add the AdColony SDK to your integration
AdColony currently supports the following ad formats:
- Rewarded Videos
Refer to AdColony for updates on supported ad formats.
Step 1: Create or Login to your AdColony Account
Click here, to create your AdColony account.
Step 2: Create an App in AdColony
Click here and follow the instructions to set-up your app in AdColony.
Step 3: Create a Placement for your App
Click here and follow the instructions to create a placement (Ad Zone) for your app.
Step 4: Retrieve the Parameters from the AdColony Dashboard
To enable AdColony to work as an Ad Network on the DT FairBid Mediation platform, you must obtain three parameters from your AdColony account and later insert them into the DT Console.
Set out below are the details of what parameters are required, how and where to obtain them.
|App ID||The unique ID of your app in the AdColony system.|
|Zone ID||The unique zone to where AdColony delivers ads.|
|Read Only API Key||The unique identifier for your AdColony account.
This enables DT FairBid to import performance data from your AdColony
account to use in reporting and optimization.
Alternatively, watch and listen to the video below to find out how to obtain the required parameters:
Retrieving the App ID
To obtain the App ID:
- Sign in to your AdColony account with your User Name and Password
- On the AdColony platform, click Monetization
- Click App and either search for a specific app or click an app from the app list to display the Basic App Information
The AdColony App ID is displayed.
Retrieving the Zone ID
- On the AdColony platform click Monetization >> Select the App you created >> Zone Name
- Select the Zone Name and the Zone ID is displayed.
Retrieving the Read Only API Key
Now that you have obtained the required parameters, you can complete the configuration of AdColony in your DT Account.
Step 5: Insert the AdColony parameters into the DT Console
To enter the parameters obtained from AdColony and insert them into the DT Console, follow these steps.
The Adcolony configuration window opens:
- Enter the AdColony app credentials and set the Instance name.
Instance name should be distinguishable in case you have multiple AdColony Instances.
- Click Save.
- To complete the set up, you must associate the network instance that you just created to the relevant Placement set up on the DT Console. For a detailed guide click here.
Step 6: Adding the AdColony SDK to your Integration
To add the AdColony SDK go to the Supported Networks page and follow the guide while selecting the Configuration for AdColony.
Whitelists are applied at the zoneID level, meaning whitelisting is carried out for each individual placement that a publisher wants to use for programmatic mediation and AdColony must then turn the ZoneID into a Programmatic ID for bidding to start on that placement.
For more details about AdColony’s SDK Bidding, click here.
For ProGuard users only, follow the instructions here under the ProGuard Configuration section.
You have now successfully integrated AdColony into the console.